Thursday, October 4, 2012

Babies!!!

Oh my, how could I have forgotten to talk about the pineapple. It is so sweet and so delicious, and the bananas, they are much sweeter too. The kids eat the skin of the mangoes, ew! And the corn, no matter how it is cooked is rubbery and bland.

Oh God of my salvation! Even if my mother and father abandon me, the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:9-10

Today we went to Sanyu Babies Home. A Christian home for abandoned and orphaned babies. I really wanted to bring one home with me, correction, I want to bring one home with me. However, it is not an easy or cheap process, so no Ugandan orphans for me.

While I was in playing and singing with the 6 month-2 year olds a class came in from a neighboring district and sang and held the babies. It was a brief interaction but hopefully a meaningful one that encourages the school children to serve often, love more and be grateful.



I do hope all of the babies find a home, or can somehow get reintegrated with their families. Currently there are probably 60 babies ranging from one week to 4 years of age residing at the home. They are very well cared for and loved by all the mamas. The parable of the lost sheep has been on my mind recently and Matthews recalling of the parable has a great verse, Matthew 18:14, "In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost". I hope the babies are all found, I mean look at their gushy faces, who wouldn't want to kiss them to pieces!

2 comments:

  1. They are adorable!! I think you will end up adopting an African baby... just not on your mission trip.
    Love and miss you,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Michelle....we can do marketing together to raise money for a little African baby for Laura and his name can be
    Dr. Bob

    love

    dad

    ReplyDelete