Wednesday, October 24, 2012

No stars?

I know I was sharing a lot to be thankful for just the other day, but I've got a big one to share. This morning the missionary that arrived just last Wednesday, Uncle James, departed for home. That's not the thankful part; he is a really sweet, honest approachable guy. But he was, among other reasons for departing, homesick and unable to really get comfortable. So the thankful part for me is that I have been so incredibly comfortable and so well-adjusted to life in Uganda. Yes, I've missed friends and family and my boyfriend at home, but God has kept me focused on my present circumstances and busy with serving in a multitude of ways; I am very happy here.

OK, and then my biggest disappointment...I thought that stars would be amazing here. No/Little light pollution to prevent me from seeing the stars, but no, they are more majestic at my parent's house than here. I still look up in hopes that one night I'll be pleasantly surprised, but even on my safari in the middle of a huge national park the stars were still hiding.

1 comment:

  1. Umm... I hope sometime soon Oscar will not be refered to as "boyfriend". Where's that ring?
    Michelle (who else would really write something like that?)

    ReplyDelete