Friday, October 12, 2012

Random blogging


Today Joanna, another missionary, and I tackled the underwear and sock drawers for both the boys and girls and then the boys wardrobe...what a mess. Jerom came home and thanked us for cleaning his clothes, he loves helping fold clothes and perhaps is maybe a little OCD and so would be the only 4 1/2 year old to appreciate it!

It rained a lot today, actually it seems to be raining a lot the past week. Since slipping on the steps last week, when the rain looks threatening I grab what I want from my room and hunker down in the house. My back by the way is improving, I'm moving better, getting down to the floor is a feat, but I can do it. Actually I'm about to email a physical therapist that is volunteering at a nearby site we do outreach at; she said she was willing to take a look at me and make sure despite what the x-rays said that I'll be ok and maybe add some stretching exercises to my routine.

Have you ever listened to Hillsong United? They are a fabulous praise band that at home I can be found singing at the top of my lungs driving down the street to, windows down and arms raised in praise, they are that great! (Listening to them now.)

I made jello today to celebrate Uncle Godfrey's birthday, none of the Ugandans, kids and adults alike, had ever had anything like it. Honestly, I think they were a little unsure at first, but they all seemed to enjoy it once they got over their initial skepticism.

I also spent some decent amount of time today compiling a list of devotional topics I want to discuss for my next couple times of leading. Ever since taking part in a church-wide initiative to complete a program called E-100 (essential 100 Bible passages; 50 Old, 50 New), I've had a better appreciation for the Old Testament. I still find the judicial, Law-driving text difficult sometimes, but it also has made me more thankful for Jesus and the New Testament and the promises found in Him/it! I'm looking forward to sharing some of the discussions with you.

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Laura,
    Noticed you sang the butterfly song with the kids in your last blog. So exciting!! They must have been so cute. Are you singing other Psalty songs and other songs we grew up on as kids? For some reason "arcy, arcy" popped into my head.
    Love you,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete