Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Lovin on my kiddos!

God sent Sandy so you all could empathize with my life here, how we constantly lose electricity or running water. Just kidding, glad you are all safe!

I know you aren't supposed to pick favorites when it comes to your kids, sometimes for the day though I do pick my favorites (of course I don't tell them). Well, maybe it's more like they do something to make them my favorite for the day. I do absolutely love them all to pieces.

I came downstairs the other day and Joshua was standing at the trash cans throwing something away and I said, "Hey handsome, how you doin?", to which he replied, "Hey beautiful.", without missing a beat.

Cocus fell asleep holding my hand and laying in my lap on our way home from church on Sunday. I smiled the whole time!

Esther, even though I had to yell at her multiple times through nap time, followed me around afterwards wanting to be with me all the time.

You know how I said I went through the girls' closet, well I put them all in adorable long t-shirts and black leggings today, super cute.

Joel and I were working on his reading skills tonight, he's improved since I've been here and craves all the praise I can give him with a cute blush.

Sometimes I look at Emma and think Benjamin Button; is he a cute old man or a little boy?

Don sometimes forgets I don't speak Luganda (with the exception of maybe 10 words) and uses Luganda words intermized with English when he talks to me.

Jerom has these cheeks, both on his face and his bum, that make you just want to pinch them. I'll give him tons of kisses and then he starts laughing with this high pitched laugh and I have to just keep on giving him love.

Do you know it was only after a month that I found out that Jerom and Joel are brothers, I knew from day 1 that Esther and Brenda were sisters, but neither pair of siblings act like it, they are all equally loving and equally doling out some punishment.

I am only here for one more month, time seems to be going so fast and I am going to bawl like a baby when I have to say good-bye.


                        Top left to right: Annet, Joshua, Fauziya, Cocus, Brenda, Joel, Oscar
                                     Bottom left to right: Emma, Carol, Esther, Don, Jerom

No comments:

Post a Comment