Friday, November 23, 2012

Bargaining on Black Friday

For a while I went on a hiatus of taking pictures while we're driving somewhere, or taking random shots of the kids every day, but as my time is quickly coming to an end I've picked up my picture taking habits, and started taking lots of videos too so I can hear their sweet voices. Thank God for skype so that when I go back to Philly I can skype with the kids still!

Did a little black Friday shopping today, well, our own version of black Friday, where you have to be a good bargainer to get a bargain! We went to the craft market today to get final presents for family and friends. I can typically get the price down 1/4-1/2 the original price they tell me, so in the end I'm not sure if it's a bargain or just the price you'd pay if you were Ugandan instead of a mazungu.

Today was the kids' last day of school for the year, their school years run similar to the calendar year. They won't start until mid-January, they'll stop in April for a month or so and then resume for a few months, off for August and on from September-November again. So our (all 3 of us missionaries came within a week of eachother and we'll leave within a week of eachother) last week with the kids we'll have plenty of time with them for playing, doing activities, taking pictures and memorizing tender moments, like when they just wake up from nap and want to cuddle, or want to tell you something so sweet. My happiest moment of today was just putting the kids to sleep. I always sing them a hymn, they love 'Amazing Grace', but recently I've added touching each one of them on the head as I sing it, they lay quiet and completely still with beaming smiles when I get to them. It melts my heart! 11.23.12


 

No comments:

Post a Comment