Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Being Grateful

Considering Thanksgiving is coming up...

Things I will be grateful for when I return:

-comfy sofas and chairs

-conversation around the table, the kids are told to be silent

-a real mattress

-not walking outside to use the bathroom

-running water and consistent electricity

-clean water to brush my teeth

-not having to clean outside areas

-carpeting

-a washer and dryer

-swiffer wet jet & vacuum

-unlimited, always available internet

-walking barefoot in my house

-closing my bedroom door

-vegetable and potato peeler

-my car, and the ability to drive when I need/want to

-street lights

-paved roads (even when there is construction)

-clothes, other than the 9 outfits I have

-my purse, I didn't bring one?!

-using an outlet without a converter

-not getting stared at and having someone yell mazungu to get my attention

-calling/texting a friend or family member at any time

-having a clock with the correct time, my phone wouldn't adjust so I have to do the math to figure out my alarm

-sleeping in on saturdays

-sports

-not sleeping under a mosquito net or in a bunk bed

-having a shower curtain

-water pressure

The compound/main house and a photo of my bedroom (not bad, eh?!):


1 comment:

  1. Great list!! What about coming home to a nephew on the way? Duh!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete