Friday, November 30, 2012

Nearing the end...

The kids are right now watching a movie, it's Friday so it's movie night, and since today things were as they usually are, it doesn't quite feel like I'm leaving at noon tomorrow. I still had them working hard on their Bible verse and doing activities this afternoon, and I just did some redecorating of their hallways to change up some of the children's work. I've redone their bulletin boards and added/changed a lot to what was hanging, and in a few months it will all be redone again by another missionary.

When Fauziya fell on me telling me not to go and then Annet got in my lap to tell me she missed Auntie Jo and didn't want me to go to America, I feel sad again about being another one that leaves them. I wish I could just bring them all home with me!

I just re-looked briefly at all my photos of the kids, I have over 700 of the kids alone, and then another 1,500 of Uganda, my safari, and other ministry opportunities. So here are a few more cute ones of the precious faces I'm leaving behind in the morning.

Please pray for me as I travel to DuBai for a pit stop to visit a college girlfriend and then continue my journey to NY on Monday. Pray not only for my safety, but for the kids and staff as I leave, and for my heart as I say good-bye.

I'll let you know I've arrived home safely. Thanks for being with me on this journey!!







No comments:

Post a Comment