Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Gross

Ready for two disgusting things:

1. Two weeks after I got here I washed my towel, since then I have used another towel I brought and have not washed it; that's 9 weeks of using the same towel! If you've ever dried your towel in the African sun you'll understand the abrasive texture it gets and you probably did the same as me.

2. Ok, this one is way worse...Today I left Don, Carol and Emma for about 1 minute and when I came back Don is licking something off his hands and it appears as if its butter. Quickly I ask him what he is licking and Carol says, "Don has vomited". Eeeewwww, the kid was licking his own puke off his hand. (Side Survival Note that I've heard but never experienced and don't suggest that you kids try this at home: If you ever have no water around and are facing dehydration, you can drink your own urine once, but don't do it twice, you'll get sick.)

So what am I thankful for tonight? Fresh, clean towels! These ones are certainly not coming home with me!

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious and totally disgusting. Thanks for the laugh!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete